I failed. I said I would try to write more, and I failed. At least this is still the same year as the last post I made. Sorry to anyone still reading this blog, I swear I will try to do better. Life has been really busy and hectic lately, and while that is a cliche excuse, I swear it’s true.
Since I’ve been gone for so long, I decided to give an update on some of the things I’ve been doing lately;
- I applied for graduation from college for December 2016. That’s right, I started this blog my freshman year of college, and now I’m about to (hopefully) graduate this year. In some aspects it feels like the time has flown by, but those moments are never during my morning math classes. When I first started this blog, I was majoring in Electronic Media Management while attending a community college because I couldn’t afford the school I wanted to go to. And no, I honestly don’t know what Electronic Media Management is, but the way it was explained to me back then was behind the scenes stage crew type stuff. But then, once I saw the classes I needed to take for my major, it was mostly business classes and very little math classes. So, when I transferred the next year to the college I originally had planned to attend (and still do attend, for that matter), I also changed my major…to mathematics. At the time, I was excited for it because it’s the subject I did the best in and it makes a ton of money. But here I am, almost three years later and about to graduate, and I realized I don’t actually love mathematics. Many people have said to do what you love, but I realized I like math and am good at math, plus the pay is great, but it’s not what I love. I don’t really know what I love, but I plan on finding out after graduating with a degree so that I at least have a fallback plan in place.
- I decided to try taking more online classes because I don’t like morning classes, so my current semester schedule consists of 3 in-person classes and 3 online classes, and they all have these huge projects due around the same time. Yay, I know. But, most are electives so I don’t have to focus or stress too much about them. I did schedule my (hopefully) last semester of classes, and I am in love with the classes! No Friday classes, and my weekends start at 1:45 pm on Thursday and last until 3:45 pm on Monday. Which is amazing, I know, having such a long weekend every single week, but with me (hopefully) graduating soon, I think I might need the long weekends to apply for jobs and work on resumes and other important life goals. More accurately, though, I’ll probably just watch YouTube videos and catch up on tv shows.
- Speaking of YouTube videos, some friends (yes I have friends IRL up here now, it’s gradually increasing from a few people to a comfortable amount) and I are going to see The Amazing Tour Is Not On Fire in May. Now I know that, because I haven’t been on here much, I haven’t talked about my obsession with danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil (among other YouTubers), but believe me I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited for it. Before even finding out where in America they would be, or that they were even coming to America, 50% of the things I talked to my friends about were danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil. So you can probably imagine how excited I was to see they were coming to a city about 12 miles away, or a 22 minute car ride according to Google Maps.And yes, I am more excited by this then by the fact I (hopefully) graduate soon. Maybe because my whole life has pretty much been in school of some sort and I don’t really know what to expect from Life After School.
That is a summary of what I’ve been doing this year. Maybe other important things will happen, I don’t know. But for now anyway, that is what I’m most looking forward to. Well, that and hopefully NOT Trump for President…
Before I leave for what might just be another 4 months or a year, I’d like to leave some of my favorite inspirational quotes by some of my favorite YouTubers (in no specific order at all);
- “You should never make fun of something a person can’t change about themselves.” -AmazingPhil [source1]
- “You are a human with one life, and it’s up to you to make it the best life you can.” -danisnotonfire [source2]
- “Care about the world around you. Volunteer. Vote. It’s your world too, get involved.” -Markiplier [source3]
- “If you don’t achieve success today it’s not the end of the world. Tomorrow is another day so just keep on trying your best!” -jacksepticeye [source4]
- “I workout to history podcasts cause if ppl survived Genghis Khan I can do one more push up.” -Paint [source5]